Saturday, December 6, 2008

'Tis the Season...

Last week Monday, we put up our tree and sadly, it still hasn't gotten decorated - oh well, as Emily put it so eloquently - decorations are way overrated! :)

On Tuesday, we went to VanWieren to see Santa, and Owen was oblivious to the whole thing, I don't even think he noticed that he was on Santa's lap, I think he just thought he was sitting down on a chair or something - and with all the crazies making him smile during the picture, he had a great time!! :)


Afterward, mom went out for coffee with Jucy and Al and Papa was left to hang out with little man, here is one of the pictures from the evening - papa was getting O ready for bed and couldn't resist taking this one (notice the little roll he's got goin' on! )...



On Wednesday, Mom left for a conference in Lansing, and came home Friday afternoon - once again, it was hard to be away, but it was a great conference and the time went by so fast. I hate pumping after being away for so long though!! To satisfy curiosity on how many ounces I came back with - I did not come back with enough to beat the record 80 oz from the last conference - for two reasons, 1. I pumped one less time (roughly 5 oz worth) and 2. I was able to give Scott the 20 oz I pumped during the day at work on Wed....Had I not done that I would have broken the record, as I came home with 65 oz. Not sure if me being away has anything to with this or not, but somehow starting on Saturday morning, Owen decided to go on a boob boycott, and has refused to nurse - hmmm makes me feel unneeded - but I have been trying diligently to get him back in the swing of things - and it is finally starting to work - a little....

Papa worked all day on both Saturday and Sunday - since he was given the opportunity...since his work will be on a mandatory time off during the holidays, we figured it would be a great time to try to make up for some of that unpaid time!

On Saturday Kelly and I went out shopping in Grandville (yes we braved the crazy weather, we saw a lot of slideoffs, but we made it there and back safely) We had fun @ Macy's, and Old Navy and got the best deal ever @ Bath and Body - we spent $1 and got evergreen room freshener AND a lipgloss (thanks for the coupon, Kelly!) :)

Saturday night we decided to get some pictures of our little fam so we can get our Christmas cards out in the mail! Mr Murphy even got in on the fun..


We had a great time, but little man was not really into it, this one certainly shows his excitement level...

1 comments:

Em said...

I enjoyed this post. I laughed a lot. Thanks for that. Plus, I was mentioned in the beginning... Go me!