Will have a fun post later this week, with weekend happenings - for now, here's Owen's 10 mo. update:
At 10 months old, Owen....
- Has developed quite the attachment to his froggy blankie - the other night it was left behind in the daycare parking lot - and we had a LONG night! We are on the hunt for a backup !!
- Started pointing his finger at things he wants or likes
- Loves to fall backward when he is standing up and knows you're behind him to catch him
- Is still not crawling (pure laziness?!) He has started trying to walk around things while standing up and is scooting around backward on his belly though
- Loves reading - he has started looking at books by himself and 'reading' them outloud
- Loves jumping on the bed (we just lowered the crib mattress down and he thinks he's so cool when he can stand up and jump on the mattress)
- Has two top teeth and three bottom teeth (and more on the way)
- Loves eating his cereal puffs
- Still has a favorite baby food - sweet potatoes with corn
- Has some new sounds: ducka ducka ducka and gugn gugn gugn
- Shakes his head no
- Wears 12-18 mo clothes size 3 diapers
- Says a 'k' sound every time he sees the cat
- Thinks sneezes are hilarious
- Has turned into quite the daddy's boy
- Loves walks outside
Seems these monthly photo sessions are getting more and more difficult, here is our attempt at froggy buddy pics for this month.....
totally not havin' it....

Snapped this one right after he threw froggy off the couch...what a stinker-face!...
So when it wasn't working out so well w/ Froggy, we tried to get a shot with Steggy - As you can see, Owen was so thrilled...

So it was back to froggy (who am I kidding, isn't trying the same thing over again and expecting a different result, the definition of insanity?!)

Yet somehow, I just don't give up - So, a little later in the day (after a nap and some food) I thought we might try it again, this time, I held up the phone in the air while taking his pics and was pressing the buttons - to get his attention...Owen is just too smart for that one and with his new pointing trick, demanded that he get to play with the phone!
But...somehow, he cooperated for a second and I ended up with this shot, and I think it will just have to do! :)




3 comments:
He is getting SOO big. I really miss you guys and hope we can see you Memorial Day night. Give the little guy a hug and kiss from his Auntie Kate.
It was worth all the trouble just to get that final picture. What a little cutie he is. Gma VI had fun watching him on Mother's Day...she said he is doing so much now and very entertaining. I know he sure was a cute little Dutchman. Hope to see you guys again soon.
Anonymous is Aunt Mary. I can't figure out what they want me to fill in below. Love you guys.
Post a Comment